Last chance to sign up for my free HELLO SUMMER email series! Subscribe now and you’ll get the Day 1 email immediately, and the Day 2 first thing Friday morning when it goes out. Click here to make this your best summer yet.
Today, June 21, marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere, the longest day of the year followed by the shortest night.
It’s an annual reminder that light always returns after darkness…a metaphor that resonates deeply these days.
Maybe you knew today was Summer Solstice, the first official day of summer. Or maybe this fact has snuck up on you, like it does me most years. Either way, it’s not too late to incorporate a little sun celebration into your day or weekend, to honor the light that always returns to shine in dark places.
- Plan an outdoor picnic, or even just coffee on the front steps
- Do your morning yoga outside or near a sunny window
- Make sun tea, and drink it with gratitude (and a healthy spoonful of honey)
- Check in with your goals, and consider setting some intentions for your summer season. (Want ideas for how to do this? Subscribe to the HELLO SUMMER series, tomorrow’s email is about creating a summer adventure list!)
- Eat something fresh and alive—like green lettuce, a bright red tomato or ripe juicy fruit
- Spend a few minutes assessing your wardrobe and putting summer favorites front and center
- Buy or pick a bouquet of fresh flowers
- Make a summer playlist
- Spend a few minutes in the garden tending to your plants and witnessing nature’s magic with your own eyes
Happy Solstice, my friend! Light and love to you.