I’m so excited about the newest addition to my beautiful, loved and useful family of products in my shop! You’ve probably heard of scented sachets before, but might not know exactly why people use them. I must confess, I am positively addicted. We could have a very fun “I Spy” game in my home with these little beauties as the target . . . you’d find them in my bedroom, sewing room, laundry room, closets and even in my car.
Lavender sachets are very simple, often a small pouch, bag or sewn packet filled with dried lavender buds.
Aside from looking lovely and smelling even lovelier, lavender sachets have lots of different uses:
- Stow them in drawers to make clothing and delicates smell lovely
- Toss in the dryer with laundry (good for at least a dozen loads!)
- Place in a pillowcase as an aid to relaxation before sleeping
- Use as a natural alternative to mothballs, which are toxic, to help repel moths while storing seasonal clothes
- Stow in the car as a pleasant alternative to commercial air fresheners
- Store one in each piece of empty luggage after a trip to keep suitcases smelling fresh and clean
- Drop one right in the bathtub for a soothing soak
As the scent begin to fade, just give the sachet a gentle squeeze to release more lovely aroma.
Now, do you see why I love them so much? And as the holiday season comes rolling in, I highly recommend keeping a few on hand, pre-packaged and wrapped, to give as a hostess gift when you attend parties. They also make great eco-friendly wedding or party favors.
You can make them yourself, or check out the ones I just added to the Etsy shop! These ones are made from vintage sheet scraps with lovely floral designs, and filled with organic lavender, all the way from France. Available in sets of 3 or sets of 15.
I really wish I could transmit smell over the internets.