The older I get, it seems, the easier it is for Time to sneak up on me. All my friends are turning 30 this year? October is next week? That little 4-year-old boy I babysat for who loved to sit in my lap and asked me to be his Valentine once is DRIVING A CAR NOW? That just can’t be right…but somehow, it is.
Time has done it again…
The Rosy Blu blog is a year old today!
One year ago today, in the evening, I launched this blog with a big fat welcome, and not much else because I’d spent all my time and creative energy writing the website’s “About” page.
Exciting milestones from the past year include:
- On November 30, 2011, I launched my Rosy Blu Handmade shop on Etsy to sell handmade lifestyle goods made from vintage and eco-friendly materials (and made my first online sale in almost the same breath!)
- In March of this year, I published a post with a recipe for DIY Gunk Remover, after learning how the chemicals in the store-bought version isn’t great for your health. Much to my surprise, the post caught fire on Pinterest and became my most popular post to date, and has been pinned over 35,000 times and counting!
- On May 24 I launched Rosy Blu Vintage on Etsy, where my love of vintage finds meets your need for everyday, useful and beautiful stuff that you can’t pick up in a big box store.
- I launched a series of posts called 5 things I love, which is not particularly noteworthy in itself, however it is such fun to write, and I think if you want to get to know me, reading these might be the place to start, because you’ll learn all the things I’m enthusiastic about from one month to the next. (Don’t be mad, I accidentally skipped August because I got busy…but September will be published later this week!)
And to you, dear reader…thank you, thank you, thank you for reading my blog. My favorite thing about blogging is to be able to share the things I’m interested in, and to hear from others that they like these same things too! Thank you for your feedback here in the comments, via email, in person and on Facebook. I love how I can share something I know, and immediately learn more by my readers doing the same.
And now, for your reading pleasure, here are the five most popular posts from the last year:
- DIY Gunk Remover: Non-toxic recipe to remove sticky adhesive residue
- Free Printable! The ever-so-reasonable Cleaning Checklist
- I’ll never buy laundry detergent again (and here’s my super-simple recipe)
- Making buttermilk ranch dressing from scratch
- Silky-soft skin: DIY Sugar Scrub using three pantry staples
And here are five of my own favorite posts from the last year:
- The importance of editing
- It’s like 1984 all over again
- Favorite finds: I love spray paint edition
- Remodeled with love and labor
- Jammin: 3 delicious recipes to use up extra jam
Hurray for one year! I shall celebrate with pie. Because yesterday I decided to make two pumpkin pies and proceeded to double the recipe…only to learn that each recipe would in fact make two pies, and I was on my way to making four pies. There is a lot of pie in my house.