Here’s a funny thing. There is now a basket permanently located at the bottom of our stairs. It’s not for stuff in transit going up or down (though that would be smart). No, it’s for Charlie. He likes to sit in it. And scratch his paws on it, then jump out again. When he’s really psyched, he runs down the stairs and barrels into it, then crouches down and peeks over the side like a tiger. It’s terribly exciting.
And that is how you change your house according to the inhabitants’ needs and wants. Even if you don’t need a basket.
Roasted cauliflower. I know, I wouldn’t believe it either. I joined the Feed Me Darling Health Club and so I get healthy recipes via email each month, and February included a recipe for roasted cauliflower with this garlic tahini sauce that is just the greatest thing I ever tasted. So, I like cauliflower now. Who knew?
Survey submissions! I love you guys SO HARD. We are building the most wonderful little community here at Rosy Blu, did you realize that?
If you haven’t filled out the survey yet, please don’t wait! I want to include your wants and wishes as I’m planning content for the next year. You will ALSO get a copy of my ebook, I Don’t Buy That, absolutely free as a thank you. (It only takes five minutes. SO worth it, if you ask me.) Right this way to fill out the survey »
Reorganizing Pinterest. I was feeling sick last weekend, with the remnants of a cold, and didn’t have the energy to do much. So I started reorganizing my Pinterest boards. I now love them even more madly than I did before. Here are the new boards:
- Good advice
- Such is life
- Love what you have
- blu = beautiful + loved + useful
- How to cook
- Take care of yourself
Are we friends on Pinterest yet? Find me right here!
In the last week, I have been experiencing the most potent and focused creative clarity I’ve ever had IN MY LIFE*. It feels pretty awesome, I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been positively overflowing with ideas . . . mostly ideas to help YOU. What I’m saying is, get ready for this blog to set FIRE with awesome stuff in the next few weeks.
Also on the list for you is an online course about how to make cleaning less sucky. (It’s possible, I swear!) Watch for details to come—and if you want to give me your two cents on what challenges you want covered in the course, be sure to fill out the survey!
* Also, I’ve been having a lot of really great hair days recently. Do you think that’s related?
- National Unplug day is March 7-8 (sundown to sundown). You bet your sweet buns I’m in. Are you?
- This may be the cutest interview I’ve seen, in the history of ever.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of Whitney’s Greatest Hits on Spotify. Gooooood stuff. (Also: this was the first music video I ever saw, in my LIFE. If you’ve never seen it, it’s great TV. There’s a guy dressed as a bride and groom at the same time, and a church choir all wearing the same robe. Also: writing this blog post took a half an hour longer than it should have, because I started watching Whitney videos on YouTube and couldn’t stop.)
- Another 90’s throwback: remember Blossom? And are you aware she’s more awesome than ever? That article made me love Mayim Bialik even more than I did before.
- You know how you can’t really experience a thing until you have the words to express it? Read this list of words, and tell me you don’t want to start using all of them in your everyday life. As soon as I figure out how to pronounce them, that’s what I’ll be doing.
Over and out, folks! Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend.