All the world’s a stage.
~ William Shakespeare
You are the writer, producer and director of a live-action love story. Your parents made the first investment in its production, and filming started the day you were born. Things started getting interesting when you learned to ask for what you want. It really hit its stride when you decided you wanted to leave a footprint on the world.
Your home is a backdrop. A stage. A primary set for all your main characters, and a swanky green room for you—the star of the show.
- Are there objects hanging around that are distracting from the story?
- What’s missing that would make each entrance more dazzling…to you?
- Do you feel like a star when you step out of the closet, primped and styled for the day?
- Do you have tissues in stock and supporting cast on speed dial for when your dramatic emotional meltdown scene inevitably hits?
- Is your bedroom staged for your hot and steamy love affair? (Hint: the treadmill in the corner is killing the mood.)
- What’s on your soundtrack, and are you queuing the mood music when it’s called for throughout the day?
Movies are made to mimic life, or stories of what we dream life could be. But we sometimes forget we’re starring in our own show, each and every moment of the day. And we get to make it feel however we want, and have the freedom to curate so much beautiful detail in how the tale goes down.
What’s a small change you could make at home, so it would feel more like a stage worthy of your love story?
// Photo by Dominik Martin on UnSplash