Hi! I missed you.
This month has gotten away from me. Some great things happened, like family weddings and visitors and playing outside, that made time speed up and made me think, wait, where did June go? And some not-so-great things happened, that kind of stopped all my aspirations in their tracks and made me slow down and focus on just the big stuff—nothing else. Does that ever happen to you? Yes, I know. We’re so human.
No more excuses, though. I have a boatload of links and fun things for you to read before I get back to regular posts next week. HAPPY JUNE, MY LOVELIES!
The summer CSA has started! My dear Herbal Turtle Farms is no longer offering their CSA, so we’re getting our produce from Suncrest Gardens this summer. The first two boxes have been bright green and full of delicious, nutritious goodness. Last week we got rhubarb and itty bitty (adorable) radishes and greens, and this week we have kholrabi and kale and chives and even more greens. And oooohhh, the farm fresh eggs!
Tonight’s dinner is spring socca with pesto, kale & asparagus, recipe shared by Heather, our farmer. I dare you to go look at the post and not drool.
Do you have a share in a CSA, too? Then you’ll love this post with 5 tips for getting the most out of your CSA.
Thrive by Ariana Huffington. Are you even surprised that I’m reading a book about measuring your success in life by your personal well-being, self-care and getting enough sleep? I didn’t think so. I adore it so far.
Eating lunch in the bathtub. If you’ve never tried it, you should. Today, I had my bath while eating leftover Pad Thai from Little Thailand, it was absolutely heavenly. Have a little soak, make the tastebuds happy, fill the tummy…it’s a recipe for a wonderful noon hour.
Also, Little Thailand’s Thai Salad Rolls are KILLER. With the dipping sauce? Mmmmm. Nom.
My husband. I mean, really, I love him all the time, so I’m never not doing that…but we celebrate four years of marriage this week and it’s on the top of my mind. I sure am a lucky girl. I bought him this shirt as an anniversary gift, and he didn’t quite get it. And I said, “Basically, it means you’re a god among men.” And he was all, “I can get on board with that.”
If you want to see what my wedding looked like, you can go right here. Ohmigod it was so fun. I just looked at those three posts again, and then I had to stop writing this to go look at our wedding album again, too. I would marry him again in a heartbeat. *happy sigh*
- Are you doing self-care wrong? If it feels good, you’re doing it right. By Sarah at Yes and Yes.
- On the subject of marriage, here’s a one-year-after-the-big-day snapshot written by Lisa Congdon. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
- 50 better questions to ask then how to be productive. YES YES YES. Productivity is not The Only Thing.
- This has been in my head all day and I LOVE IT.
- This is the prettiest. Do you think my husband will let me get a floral bedspread for us?
- Everything you ever wanted to know about making hummus is right here.
- Rosy Blu’s Gunk Remover was featured on BuzzFeed (again)! This time, it’s for obsessive clean freaks. I’m not one of those…but I still loved the post! Skip to #34 to see our favorite DIY non-toxic Goo Gone.