Snapshot is a periodic series about what’s going on in my life right now—what I’m eating, reading, doing, loving, and my favorite links from around the web.
Okay, you know those meal services where you get ingredients delivered to your house, and then you make the meals? Yeah, I’ve been trying a bunch of those…and I’m going to be sharing them with you on the blog next month! So far I’ve tried Blue Apron, Plated and Home Chef. (There’s Chicken Piccata on the menu tonight, yum.) If you have questions or have any suggestions for other companies to try, send them my way!
SO MANY THINGS. But this article has been particularly impactful lately: Tara Mohr On self doubt. I’ve been pondering the question, what would it look like to doubt a decision…without doubting yourself? It kinda changes everything.
I have been taking oh so many baths! Partly because it’s winter, and my feet are perpetually cold. Partly because I got new bubble bath. Partly because I’ve had so many good things to read. Mostly because I just like it so much.
I stumbled upon this little gem on Pinterest, and fell madly in love with it. It articulates so much of that ever-elusive “balance” we are seeking…particularly that it doesn’t look the same today as it did yesterday. And that’s the point.
- HuffPost recently published Why men criticize their SAHM wives. Good food for thought in seeing conflict from multiple angles, and looking past stereotypes.
- Watch this 3 minute animation to change your perception of time. Seriously.
- This shit needs to change. And it won’t be done by a woman that is minding her tongue.
- A greenhouse home is sort of brilliant in a million ways.
- Want to be a better cook? Read this, via epicurious.
- I loooooove this post by Gala Darling: House-Witchery: 13 Easy Ways To Infuse Your Home With Magic (And Attract More Of What You Want)
- “I don’t miss being young. I really don’t. I prefer being my age and feeling young. And what makes me feel young is following my instincts about what I want to do and what makes me happy. And if that’s a younger man? Go for it. If it’s a higher hemline, screw them. Go for it.” Kim Cattrall on aging (video).
- This thrilled me. What started as a homophobic tumblr bost quickly unravelled into a dystopian lgbti adventure tale, thanks to some brilliant humans who refuse to accept stupid answers.
- Someone recorded crickets and slowed down the track, and it sounds like humans singing.
- PSA: Take your fucking lunch break. Amen!
- Have you ever heard the term “kin keeping”? I hadn’t either. But it articulates one of the huge, unnamed energy drains for women. It’s time to give ourselves credit for it. Read about it here: The invisible burden that leaves moms drained (Note: Not just moms! I’d argue it’s all women.)
- Batch Cooking 101. I’m so intrigued by this concept, but haven’t gotten around to trying it.
- Are You Cleaning Out Your Own Wallet? A thoughtful perspective on cleaning that you probably haven’t considered.
Happy weekend, friends! What have you been eating/reading/doing/loving?