Snapshot is a periodic series about what’s going on in my life right now—what I’m eating, reading, doing, loving, and my favorite links from around the web.
I had a life-changing caramelized onion, fennel and bleu cheese quiche at The Blue Heron in Winona recently. I went back for seconds later in the day, and it was gone. I’ve been obsessed with recreating it ever since.
I just bought The Four Agreements! And promptly dropped it in the bathtub. (But my phone also dropped, and landed NEXT TO the tub. So I’m calling it a win.) I’m loving the book so far—some new information, but also a lot of stuff is being articulated that I kind of already knew. Have you read it?
Listening to soundtracks while working. I find that I get distracted with words in songs (particularly when I’m writing) but also, silence is unbearable. Lately, my fix of choice has been anything by Hans Zimmer—particularly, Interstellar, Gladiator and Inception. Give it a listen.
- I want to live inside these. Have you ever seen anything so stunningly beautiful? (If you know of any contenders, please share in the comments!)
- I tried these flower essences from Calm A Mama at my dear friend Meg’s recommendation, and OMG. Not only do they work, but they are worth taking for the flavor alone, because they taste LIKE MAGIC. I bought Sleep and Cheer. Nom.
- Baby goat wearing clothes!
- Lord, Beer Me Strength.
- People in prison paint CEOs and chairmen of corporations who have committed crimes against the environment, U.S. government and general population.
- @scienceporn is one of my favorite people to follow on twitter.
This is what happens when you put too many rubber bands on a watermelon. https://t.co/y7ZtZlX250
— SciencePorn (@SciencePorn) February 15, 2016
- 5 Easy Ways to Instantly Relieve Stress & Anxiety!
- What Happens When You Switch to Organic Food Do you eat all organic? I’m more of a half-and-half girl myself, but that video makes me want to improve the ratio.
- “You feel as if you weren’t meant for the world, or the world wasn’t meant for you / as if the world is ‘the way it is’ and your discomfort with it a problem.” I loved reading A You-Shaped Hole by Tara Mohr
- Raise your hand if you have a style crush on Kate Middleton! Me too. And I loved this breakdown of her style formula. Moral of the story: I need more belts.