This post is part of a series called What’s for Dinner?, in which I invite my favorite bloggers, business owners and online personalities to share with you their own go-to recipes, the favorite meals, snacks, drinks they make over and over again. You’ll get to meet some of my online friends, and we’ll all get some new (fantastic) recipes to try!
Today’s guest blogger is a not only a fellow maker and a fascinating personality, she’s also a dear friend of mine who happened to enter the wild world of self-employment shortly before I did. We recently caught up over wine and cheese with another friend of ours, and I asked if she’d like to share a recipe with us here at Rosy Blu. I’m so glad she said yes, because I have a feeling this will become a staple in our house, too.
Be sure to check out Rachel’s online shop, where she sells handmade goods that are right up our alley—colorful, fun and often upcycled.
What’s for dinner, Rachel?
This meal rocks because it is a quick & easy breakfast / lunch / or dinner. You can alter the recipe a million different ways and use what you have in your fridge. It is one that fuels the body. (And for my fellow non-cookers out there…You can handle this one!)
Rachel’s Go-To Recipe: The Amazing Breakfast Burrito
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese of your Choice
- Grape Tomatoes
- Black Beans (I rinse these if using canned ones)
- Truly you can add / subtract anything you desire
1. Prepare your eggs how you desire. I scrambled mine (just adding salt and pepper) and once the eggs were cooked – added some black beans to heat them.
2. After the eggs are ready and the black beans warm, lay out your tortilla and doctor it up with spinach.
3. Place the eggs on the tortilla and spinach. Top with cheese, tomatoes, salsa (and whatever else you choose).
4. …And EAT!
Rachel is the creator of Muddy Hands, where she creates & sells purses, pottery, jewelry, mittens, hats, scarves and what ever comes to mind. She also helped create Team Vogel vs. Cancer, a non-profit organization that provides funds to families fighting cancer. She lives in Spring Valley, Minnesota with her “dog”gter Zoe.